What is Support Coordination?
Support coordination is a capacity Building support that is in place to help and support you to best utilize your supports in your NDIS plan. Support coordination will assist you to
- Understand and use you NDIS plan to reach your self determined goals
- Connect you with NDIS providers, community, mainstream and other government services, local, State and Federal
- Build your ability to use and coordinate your supports.
A support coordinator or specialist support coordinator delivers support coordination services.
There are three levels of support coordination that can be included in your plan:
- Support connection – This support is to build your ability to connect with informal, community and funded supports enabling you to get the most out of your plan and pursue your goals.
- Support coordination – coordination of supports: This support will assist you to build the skills you need to understand and use your plan. A support coordinator will work with you to ensure a mix of supports are used to increase your capacity to maintain relationships, manage service delivery tasks, live more independently and be included in your community.
- Specialist support coordination – This is a higher level of support coordination. It is for people whose situations are more complex and who need specialist support. A specialist Support Coordinator will assist you to manage challenges in your support environment and ensuring consistent delivery of service.
Why Choose Australian Carers as your Support Coordination Provider
Australian Carers Are a Nationally Registered Multi-State NDIS Provider
We operate from an individualised, strengths focused and evidence based approach through our service provision. Closely aligning practice with the AASW code of ethics, we believe in ethical support provision, working in collaboration with participants to achieve best out comes
We are Registered for the following Support Coordination Groups
- Support Connection ( Level 1 )
- Support Coordination ( level 2 )
- Specialist Support Coordination ( level 3 )
At Australian Carers we live, eat and breath the NDIS.
We understand how important it is to support people to reach their goals.
We have well established community and mainstream networks including NDIS providers along with Allied Health practitioners.
Our participants are our focus, you will not get lost in the crowd.
Your independence is promoted as is your self determination ( Choice and Control ).
We use a strengths based approach.
Unlike many in this sector, we use evidence based practice.
Australian Carers provide NDIS report writing training for Allied Health practitioners.
We will monitor your funding to help ensure there is no plan overspend.
Our Support Coordinators keep up to date with NDIS Policy and guideline changes.
We specialize in plan reviews and change of circumstance reviews.
We know, understand and appreciate the obligations, requirements and role of a support coordinator and strongly adhere to this.
We know our lane- we do it well and we stick to it meaning better outcomes at funding reviews as we’ve actually done what we are meant to. This allows for a multidisciplinary approach- working with your chosen providers- led by you.
Australian Carers are here to support you with accurate, up to date information to support confidence in decisions surrounding your NDIS supports.
Our Support Coordination is provided in a down to earth manner, supported by actual practice theory.
Our goal is to support you to a level where you don’t need Support Coordination.